Ebenezer Evangelical Church
Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 1LB, North Wales
The church believes the fundamental truths of Christianity, as revealed in Holy Scripture, including the following:
- The unity of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The sovereignty of God in creation, providence, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
- The divine inspiration, infallibility and inerrancy of Holy Scripture as
originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the fall, rendering
man subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- The full deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God; His virgin birth and His real and sinless humanity; His death on the cross; His bodily resurrection; His ascension; His present reign in heaven and on earth; and His intercession on behalf of the church.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial and atoning death, once and for all time, of our representative and substitute, Jesus Christ, the only mediator between God and man.
- Justification as God’s act of undeserved mercy, in which the sinner is pardoned all his sins and accepted as righteous in God’s sight, only because of the righteousness of Christ imputed to him, this justification being received by faith alone.
- The need for the Holy Spirit to make the work of Christ effective to the individual sinner, granting him repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ.
- The church as the body of Christ, both locally and worldwide, its members consisting only of those who have been born again through the work of the Holy Spirit.
- The indwelling of the Holy Spirit in all those thus regenerated, producing in them an increasing likeness to Christ in character and behaviour, and empowering them for their witness in the world.
- The future, personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge all men, executing God’s final just condemnation on the impenitent and receiving the redeemed to eternal glory.
The church’s full statement of belief, a revised version of the 1646 Westminster Confession of Faith, is available upon request.